Bible Prophecy "The Book Of Revelation"
Lesson one: Introduction to Revelation and Chapter 1
The word Revelation comes from the word (Apocalupsis) (or Apocalypse), which means to unveil.
This is not the Revelation of John. It is the "Revelation of Jesus Christ".
The writer is the apostle John. John received this vision while He was banished to the Isle of Patmos.
The book of Revelation is divided into three major segments.
Rev. 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
1. The things which thou hast seen; Rev. 1:1-20
2. The things which are; Rev. 2:1 - 3:22
3. The things which shall be hereafter; Rev.4:1 - 22:21
1. Seven Churches; Rev. 2:1 - 3:22
2. Seven Seals; Rev. 6:1 - 8:1
3. Seven Trumpets; Rev.8:2 - 11:19
4. Seven Personages; Rev. 12:1 - 14:20
5. Seven Vials; Rev. 15:1 - 16:21
6. Seven Dooms; Rev. 17:1 - 20:15
7. Seven New Things; Rev. 21:1 - 22:21
The Book of Revelation.
A. An unveiling of events that shall preced